Riding School & Livery Yard Insurance
Our Equestrian Establishments insurance can cover a variety of equestrian establishments including your Riding School, Trekking Centre, Livery yard, Stud, Competition yard, Racehorse training yard, Dealing yard, Breaking yard and Private yard.
Liability insurance is a legal requirement for anyone who runs a 'riding establishment' which means "the carrying on of a business of keeping horses to let them for hire, for riding, or for use in providing in riding for payment" (The riding establishments act 1964 and 1970). For other equestrian establishments liability insurance is always strongly recommended and with liability claims on the increase it has never been more important to insure your equestrian business to ensure your personal assets are not at risk should a liability claim be made against you.
At SEIB we are working hard to reduce the number of claims we see and have developed a number of risk management forms and guidelines for our customers that can assist with this.
Cover options include:
- Public Liability with limit of indemnity options of £1, £2, £3 and £5 million
- Employers Liability
- Care Custody and Control limit of indemnity options of £10,000 £25,000 or £50,000 per horse
- Commercial Property insurance can include cover for your building, contents, business interruption and money.
- Domestic property insurance if your house is on the same premises as your business we can include cover for your building and contents.
- Some examples of additional cover that can be provided include; freelance instructors, hire of facilities, shows/events, camps, accommodation, cafe/snack bar, western riding, natural horsemanship, equine facilitated learning etc
- Discount for all BHS approved establishments including riding schools and livery yards
- Discounts for ABRS, WRTA, and TRSS approved establishments
For more information on trekking centre insurance, private yard insurance, racehouse training yard insurance, competition yard insurance or to obtain your no obligation riding school insurance or livery yard insurance quote, please call 01708 850000 and speak to our equestrian establishments insurance experts.
Terms and Conditions apply