Caring for horses and ponies is a dream for many enthusiasts, but working with them professionally can be a life goal. If this is the case, though, you’ll need effective insurance to protect the profession you have nurtured. Let SEIB’s committed team equip you with high-quality insurance regardless of the capacity in which you work with horses.

Freelance liability insurance

As a freelance instructor, groom or similar role, you’ll probably visit your clients at their stables. Whether you teach clients on their own horses, riding the horses yourself, grooming and clipping horses or something else, you’ll no doubt be aware of the unavoidable risks involved in your processes.

SEIB can provide you with a policy that protects your work, from dedicated horse riding instructor insurance, groom insurance and more. These policies can include public liability up to £10 million, employers’ liability in case you employ staff or have volunteers, and care, custody and control cover to protect you in the event a client’s horse is injured. With extensions such as teaching natural horsemanship, Parelli- and equine-facilitated learning available, and discounts if you’re a qualified BHS Assistant Instructor (BHSAI) or above, rest assured that you’re in good hands.

Pony ride insurance and insurance for pony parties

Pony rides are perfect for out-of-the-box birthday surprises or special occasions. Often, the motivations for professionals entering the equine industry stem from similar experiences as a child. However, whilst you and your experienced staff are confident in a pony’s temperament, one overly-enthusiastic child could easily raise an issue.

SEIB can fulfill every equine insurance requirement your pony party needs to keep hold of the reins, wherever your business is heading. Pony ride insurance can cover you for public liability if, for example, a child is injured whilst riding. Employers’ liability gives relief to you and the staff you depend on to keep your business moving. We can cover for any legal expenses that may be incurred and you can choose between annual or one-off protection. Whether you’re looking for one-off insurance for pony parties or specific pony ride insurance policy, simply get in touch.

Whichever equine sector you dedicate yourself to, let SEIB’s specialist insurance services arm you with protection you can depend on. To find out more, or for a quick quote, call us on 01708 850 000 or email