After buying horse insurance, you’ll need to find appropriate horsebox insurance if you’re looking to transport your horses and ponies safely. Whilst horsebox cover is a legal requirement, choosing insurance that meets your specific needs may feel overwhelming.

Thankfully, SEIB is here to help. Our distinguished reputation of providing tailor-made policies gives our clients the trust in us to keep their horses on the road, for business or for pleasure. Our experience in the sector allows us to cater to your specific needs, whatever they may be. The cover we offer is ample and is built around you and your horsebox. Cover options can include:

  • Comprehensive horsebox insurance with unlimited mileage
  • Horsebox breakdown cover with transportation care if necessary
  • Available to drivers over 21, but younger drivers considered
  • Competitive horsebox insurance quotes available for horseboxes valued £100,000 or more
  • Hire or reward
  • From 3.5 tonnes up to HGVs
  • Personal effects cover (up to £1,000) included free with every policy following a total loss
  • Up to 6 months of European cover excluding breakdown
Get a Quote


Have a question for us? Find our frequently asked questions answered below.

Can I use this policy for my business?

Yes you can, if it forms part of your equestrian business i.e. a riding school transporting their own horses. For any further questions surrounding your equestrian business please do not hesitate to give us a call.

Does it include horsebox breakdown cover?

It certainly can. For an additional cost, we can provide breakdown cover at an affordable price, which will be added to your existing policy. If your horsebox is not fixable roadside, we can even cover overnight accommodation for your horse, or immediate transport beforehand.

How does SEIB’s horsebox insurance compare?

We have been insuring horseboxes for more than 30 years. In that time, we have established ourselves as one of the market leaders in the field. As horse owners ourselves, we combine personal experience with professional knowledge to provide a policy that is centred on your individual needs.

Can others drive my horsebox?

If you would like others to drive your horsebox we do have an option for this. With a multitude of options available to you, we’ll guide you from quote to renewal and beyond.

To speak with SEIB’s dedicated experts about your horsebox, or to receive a horsebox insurance quote directly, contact us on 01708 850 000, email or hit the Get Quote button above.

To get horse lorry insurance do I need to have passed an additional lorry driving test? 

In order to take out horse lorry insurance you will need to ensure that you are suitably qualified to drive it. This will depend on when you passed your driving test and the type of horse lorry you intend to drive.