If you’re a funeral business, you are reliant on the vehicles you use in transporting both the deceased and their families in times of anguish. Your vehicles must be reliable, respectable and operate effortlessly. Since funeral industry vehicles such as hearses and limousines are niche motors, you’ll need specialist funeral insurance to protect your funeral fleet should something go wrong.
SEIB has expertise in this sector, providing measured advice, unwavering support and a secure policy that takes care of your fleet needs, whatever they may be. We have been the insurance choice for the National Association of Funeral Directors (NAFD) for more than 30 years and endeavour to treat your funeral fleet with as much respect and understanding as you give to your clients. As such, the cover we provide can be all-encompassing and may include:
- Hearse insurance, limousine insurance, ambulance insurance and cover for vans, motorcycle hearses and more
- Breakdown insurance cover for your whole fleet
- Unlimited windscreen cover with no excess
- Coffin and flower replacement
- Loss of use up to £18,000 per incident for up to 60 days
- Genuine like-for-like hire cover to ensure your business is not affected, whilst we pay the hire costs
- Any authorised driver aged 21+ with no upper age limit, though young drivers can be considered
- European cover included as standard
- Motor Legal Expenses up to £100,000*
- Additional options including excess, protected no claims bonus and more
Our considerable experience and reputation as a trusted insurance specialist in the funeral profession enables us to operate with speed, accuracy and with your best intentions in mind.
For more information on SEIB’s funeral director’s car insurance or to receive a specific quote for your fleet, contact our team on 01708 850 000 or email email@example.com.
*From April 2021 the new Civil Liability Bill will come into effect. This will change the way drivers claim for whiplash injury and further increases the need to ensure you have pre-purchased a motor legal expenses insurance policy. As a result of the Civil Liability Bill, you will be liable for any legal costs for pursuing claims of up to £5,000 in respect of whiplash injuries following a motor accident. However, if you have pre-purchased motor legal expenses cover then this will cover your legal fees so you can pay for a solicitor to pursue the claim on your behalf. A standard motor legal expenses could cover up to £100,000 in legal fees and typically cost around £3 a month in premiums.