If you’re a funeral business, you are reliant on the vehicles you use for transporting both the deceased and their families in times of anguish. Your vehicles must be reliable, respectable and operate effortlessly. Since funeral industry vehicles such as your hearses, limousines and private ambulances are niche vehicles, you’ll need specialist funeral directors’ car insurance to protect your funeral fleet should something go wrong.
SEIB has been the insurance provider of choice for the National Association of Funeral Directors (NAFD) for more than 30 years and as such, the cover we provide has been specifically tailored to your unique needs and can include:
- Hearse insurance, limousine insurance, private ambulance insurance, and cover for vans, motorcycle hearses and more
- Breakdown insurance cover for your whole fleet
- Unlimited windscreen cover with no excess
- Coffin and flower replacement
- Loss of use cover to pay for the hire of like-for-like funeral vehicles up to £18,000 per incident for up to 60 days
- Any authorised driver aged 21+ with no upper age limit, although young drivers can be considered
- European cover included as standard
- Motor Legal Expenses up to £100,000*
- Additional options including attractive voluntary excess discounts, protected no claims bonus and more
For more information on SEIB’s funeral directors’ car insurance or to receive a specific quote for your fleet, please contact our team on 01708 850 000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*From April 2021 the new Civil Liability Bill will come into effect. This will change the way drivers claim for whiplash injury and further increases the need to ensure you have pre-purchased a motor legal expenses insurance policy. As a result of the Civil Liability Bill, you will be liable for any legal costs for pursuing claims of up to £5,000 in respect of whiplash injuries following a motor accident. However, if you have pre-purchased motor legal expenses cover then this will cover your legal fees so you can pay for a solicitor to pursue the claim on your behalf. A standard motor legal expenses could cover up to £100,000 in legal fees and typically cost around £3 a month in premiums.